Friday, September 24, 2010

The Social Network


After reflecting on my Facebook, I have discovered that I am displayed as an extrovert at heart.

My Facebook shows that family relationships and friendships, as well as the experiences I share with them are the most important things in my life.  A person’s profile picture is what people are going to see the most often to represent that person on Facebook.  Therefore, it is the most important contributing factor to a person’s Facebook persona.  If you take a look at all of my profile pictures throughout the years, only one of them doesn’t include either my family or friends in them.  This shows that I greatly value those two groups of people in my life and that I’m not a loner who chooses to represent myself with self-photographed solo shots.  Not only do these pictures include my family and friends but also they are taken during fun times I shared with the important people in my life.  These times vary from spring breaks, road trips, and proms to holidays and family vacations.  Because these were all taken at enjoyable points in my life I am smiling in almost all of them showing how much I enjoy spending time with others.

some of my profile pictures:








I am also very active on Facebook. I am constantly in communication with all of my different groups of friends, thus showing that I’m an extrovert on Facebook. I am one of those people that anytime I’m on my computer, Facebook is open and I check it even more on my phone. I spend much of that time posting on friends’ walls and commenting on pictures and statuses. On top of that I am on Facebook chat whenever I’m on Facebook, and especially when I’m doing homework or am by myself. These activities on Facebook are all visible to my friends so they can tell that I am constantly striving to be in constant community with others.





No comments:

Post a Comment